Honey is a golden liquid substance produced by bees a little insects in search of a nectar and produces delicious honey. I know you want to know more about this substance so Here, in this blog, you will find production of honey, health benefits, facts and much more…
So, let’s have a first look at how this golden liquid is produced by little bees…
PRODUCTION OF HONEY?
- Mature honeybees collect nectar from plant blossoms.
- Nectar is 80% to 95% water and 5% to 20% sucrose (table sugar) As the bee transports the nectar back to the hive, a protein enzyme in her honey stomach, called invertase, breaks the sucrose down into the two simple sugars, fructose and glucose.
- Young bees remove water from the sugar solution using two methods.
- They pass the nectar from bee to bee and drink the water out of the nectar by absorbing it through their stomach wall.
- They also create heat and air flow in the hive by vibrating their wings and flight muscles, thus evaporating water out of the nectar which has been stored in open cells.
- When most of the sucrose has been converted to fructose and glucose and enough water has been dehydrated out of the mixture to bring it approximately 17.8% water content, and at last we have a delicious honey.
Honey Contains :
- Fructose: 38.2 percent
- Glucose: 31.3 percent
- Maltose: 7.1 percent
- Sucrose: 1.3 percent
- Water: 17.2 percent
- Higher sugars: 1.5 percent
- Ash: 0.2 percent
- Other: 3.2 percent
Health benefits of honey :
Honey is very beneficial for physical and mental health and therefore it is used by doctors to cure following ailments.
- vision problems
- high blood pressure
- sleep disturbance
- teething pain, in children over a year old (Do not give honey to children under 12 months old.)
- diarrhea and dysentery
- cough and asthma
- stomach ulcers
- bed-wetting and frequent urination
- hangover relief
- eczema and dermatitis
- burns, cuts, and wounds
Moreover it has following Health Benefits too
- High-quality honey contains Antioxidants properties that leads to reduces risk of heart attacks, strokes and some kind of cancer.
- Antioxidants properties of honey helps to lower the blood pressure.
- Honey promotes eye health.
- Researchers believe that honey contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which gives it healing power to cure wounds and burns as well as ability to nourish surrounding tissue.
Facts About Honey :
- Honey Pretty much never spoils if it is in a sealed container. Archaeologists have found 3000 year old honey in an ancient Egyptian tomb which was still recognizably honey.
- Two tablespoon of honey would give a bee enough energy to fly around the world.
- More effective at suppressing coughs than many over the counter cough medications.
- The only natural food that is made without destroying any kind of life.
- The only food that will never rot and can last up to 3000 years.
- There isn’t enough water in honey for microorganisms to live on, which is why honey never goes bad.
- Honey can replace sugar in meals, providing a healthier option
- Honey is the ONLY food source produced by an insect that humans eat.
Complimentary Tips for using Honey :
- Mix 1 spoon of honey with some watermelon and have the best bomb of vitamins ready for your body! Try it twice a week and feel its great power after a while.
- The best beverage for not being thirsty while fasting is having warm water with chia seeds, honey and lemon juice! It’s a great for having a beautiful skin as well.
- Mix 2 tablespoon honey in one glass water and grab it every morning for weight loss. It can help to reduce belly fat.
Although honey has very beneficial properties and it must be added to our daily life, but some people use it occasionally. But, I am pretty sure that after reading this blog you would not stop yourself by being use of Honeyyy….