Hello readers! In a world like today, happiness is the ultimate goal of everyone. So, what is happiness? What are ways to be happy? What should be done to feel happy?
Let’s explore these questions one by one.
What is happiness?
Happiness is that feeling that comes over you when you know life is good and you can’t help but smile. It’s the opposite of sadness. Happiness is a sense of well-being, joy, or contentment. When people are successful, safe, lucky, they feel happiness. No one ever complained about feeling too much happiness.
It is a beautiful feeling. There is no one hard and fast definition for the term happiness. Happiness differs from person to person; different people have different perceptions and conceptions of being happy. Whatever that may be, Happiness is an essential feature of human life. Without it, life holds no meaning at all. Something or someone you cannot live without, will give you extreme happiness. Like, family or friends or your hobbies.
What are the ways to be happy? What should be done to feel happy?
Highways to happiness:
- Be with others who make you smile. Studies show that we are happiest when we are around those who are also happy.
- Hold on to your values.
- Accept the good.
- Imagine the best.
- Do things you love.
- Find purpose.
- Listen to your heart.
- Be open to change.
- Enjoy the little things. They add to give you lot of happiness at the end.
- Push yourself, not others.
- Those who love you, treasured memories, silly jokes, warm days, and starry nights—these are the ties that bind and the gifts that keep on giving.
- Once you realize that, you have the power to get where you want to go. Stop blaming others or the world, and you’ll find your answers much sooner.
- It can be complicated following your bliss. Just be smart and keep your day job for the time being.
- Various studies suggest that simply thinking back to a time in your life when you were overcoming a challenge or to a time when you went through a significant life experience that changed you for the better could be effective in boosting your mood, and therefore, your happiness.
- Over the past few years scientists and psychologists have begun to give serious study to the subject of happiness. They’ve discovered that about 50% of happiness is determined by a person’s genes, and another 8 to 10% by life’s circumstances–such as income, health, and marital status and the remaining 40% is up for simple pleasures.
One simple way to practice happiness daily is to tell yourself the following words.
“It’s okay to be not okay. It’s not a crime to follow my dreams. It’s not always easy, but because I enjoy it, I’ll do it. I am unique in my own way. I have some goals, which will be fulfilled one day. I love myself and that’s enough.
So, hello world!
I am, randomly, an open example of happiness!”
Thank you for reading my article. I hope you like it. Share it with your friends. Comment down your views. Spread words. Smile more. Happy reading. God blesses.