So, here in this blog you can explore lemon health benefits and facts by several studies and some beneficial hacks of lemon.
As we know, Lemon is a citrus fruit commonly used for drinks, garnish, and many other purposes. Besides this, there is many other things that you don’t know about this little fruit lemon.
- Lemons are native to Asia and it’s name is derived from Asian name for “sour”.
- Many people think of lemon as one of a fruit but actually it’s a berry and it’s hybrid between a sour orange and a citron.
- Lemon is a huge source of Vitamin C.
- The high acidity factor of lemons make them good cleaning aids.
- The lemon tree is an evergreen tree because it blooms and produces fruit all year round. Each tree can produce between 225kgs and 270kgs of lemons a year Even the leaves of a lemon tree can be used to make tea
- Lemons contains 5-6% of citric acid which is the reason of it’s sour taste.
- Lemons are mostly produced in China, India, Mexico, Argentina and Brazil.
- In 2003, the heaviest lemon ever grown was recorded in Kefar Zeitim, Israel. It weighed 5.265 kg , had a circumference of 74 cm and was 35 cm high. Guinness World Records 2013.
Why They’re Healthy:
- Just one lemon has more than 100 percent of your daily intake of vitamin C, which may help increase “good” HDL cholesterol levels and strengthen bones.
- Citrus flavonoids found in lemons may help inhibit the growth of cancer cells and act as an anti-inflammatory.
Nutritions That Lemon Contains :
One lemon contains:
- energy: 16.8 calories (kcal)
- carbohydrates: 5.41 g, of which 1.45 g are sugars
- calcium 15.1 milligrams (mg)
- iron: 0.35 mg
- magnesium: 4.6 mg
- phosphorus: 9.3 mg
- potassium: 80 mg
- selenium: 0.2 micrograms (mcg)
- vitamin C: 30.7 mg
- folate: 6.4 mcg
- choline: 3.0 mg
- vitamin A: 0.6 mcg
- lutein + zeaxanthin: 6.4 mcg
Lemons also contain small amounts of thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, copper, and manganese.
Health Benefits of Lemon juice :
- Boosts immune system
- Aids in digestion
- Increases concentration
- Flushes liver and kidneys suppresses appetite
- Nausea, Vomiting, and travel sickness
- Prevent heart failure
- Help Wounds to heal faster
- Help the body to remove toxins
- Beneficial in infection
- Its good for asthma patient
- It’s beneficial for hair and glowing skin cause of Vitamin C
- Lemon juice can help reduce the itching and swelling caused by insect bites.
Beneficial hacks of lemon :
- For oily skin, one teaspoon honey and couple of drops of lemon juice benefits a lot.
- Drinking hot lemon water can prevent cancer. Don’t add sugar. Hot lemon water is more beneficial than cald lemon water.
- Drinking a lemon juice can instigate your nerves and banish sleepiness.
- Try to replace lemon juice or lemon beverage with harmful drinks, since it reduces the liver’s poison, improves your mood and increases your strength.
- Drinking lemon water at early morning spikes your energy levels physically and mentally. By improving nutrient absorption in your stomach, it gives you a steady, natural energy buzz that lasts the length of the day.
- Lemon juice is best when you want to lose your weight.
- Experts says “Never keep lemon juice in plastic bottles, its acid produces a dangerous mixture in combination with plastic, it can even cause cancer, so use glassy bottles instead
- Lemon juice with a pinch of salt every morning lowers cholesterol levels and brings down your weight.